Friday, July 22, 2011

Stall Holder Spotlight - Sarah from Greendrop - Ecocraft

Greendrop - Ecocraft 
 This time next week we will all be enjoying ourselves at our
Winter Twilight Market.
To tempt you with more goodies that will be on offer next Friday,
we caught up with Sarah from Greendrop Ecocraft for our third Stallholder spotlight interview.


1. What do you create?
"Handmade sustainable craft" - my current collection includes playthings & clothing for babies & children; hair accessories & jewellery for big & small people; a selection of home wares & relaxing treats. All my creations feature Organic Cotton, Ecofelt or other sustainable fibres.
 
2.    What is your favourite thing that you sell?
My Rattles - the Owl and Horse ones especially.
 
3.    How long have you been making/baking/creating?
Since I was about 7-8 years old, but "selling" since October last year following the fabulous 'Make Craft your Business' course @ TWNH. It was the perfect mix of support & 'kick start" that I needed.
 
4.    Who inspires you to create?
Mother Nature - I love creating handmade designs of animals, patterns & shapes I find in our environment, using materials that don't further pollute the planet.
 
5.    What made you want to sell your goodies at the market?
A mix of my hidden agenda (to show others that you can create beautiful handmade items using environmentally friendly materials) and the opportunity to hang out with like-minded crafty people! This has definitely been the highlight of my market & course experience so far.
 
6.    Coffee or tea?
Coffee!
 

7.    And how many do you need to be market ready?
2 - One at home, one at set-up. Will happily accept a 3rd should some lovely person bring it to me!
 
8.    What's the best thing about living in the Thornbury area?
 Great coffee, cool shops and to get my organic grocery fix at "Naturally on High".
 

9.    Name three crafty things that you can't live without:
Inspiration, patience and my trusty sewing machine.
 
10. One more thing that our lovely market shoppers should know about you....?
I'm friendly & love to talk about the materials I use, come and say hello!

To follow Sarah's crafting adventures, join her on facebook
and you visit here and here.
 
And of course don't forget to stop by Sarah's stall at our
Winter Twilight Market, next Friday July 29th 4-7pm
99 Leinster Grove Thornbury
the market will a HOOT - sorry I couldn't resis! Gorgeous owl from Greendrop - Ecocraft
 Happy Weekend,

Made n Thornbury Community Market

1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous x I found you because I was born in a village called Thornbury in the UK although now in Australia x But I fell in love with your blog xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your interest in the Made n Thornbury Market