Sunday, May 26, 2013

Meet the Maker.......Just Jacinta Designs

We're a week into our Pop Up Shop adventure 
and everyone seems to enjoying it ! 

Saturday saw lots of happy shoppers in the shop.

Brightening your world and home this Sunday is Just Jacinta Designs.

Open Door......... A Pop Up Shop by TWNH
Meet the Maker – Just Jacinta Designs


Tell us a little about your business ?

Just Jacinta designs is my little escape from the madness of the World.. I try to create something that makes people smile and brings a little happiness to their day. I'm all about doing what makes you happy; at the end of it all, that's what matters the most.

I love colour and pattern and anything with Pom poms!!! I think this is fairly obvious when you have a look at my creations!!





How long have you been in business ? 

I started JJD (Just Jacinta Designs) in 2011 when I was studying interior design - between the assignments and all the late nights I was craving something else. I made my 21st signature book for my 21st and had so many compliments and had some friends ask me to make one for their birthdays.. It sort off started that way and just grew.
I have now done 5 markets, started a Facebook page as well as a website.

Who inspires you ? 

I'm inspired everyday, I look at things in a different way - I love repurposing and giving  loved items a new lease on life (sounds corny I know!!)
Interior design and decoration still plays a huge role in my inspiration - I love designers like Trisha Guild and Laura Ashley who embrace colour and pattern.
I am constantly printing pictures, tearing out pages in magazines, collecting bits and pieces and creating something different from what I did last week.



How has TWNH and it’s programs, including Made ‘n Thornbury Craft Market, assisted you in your handmade business journey ? 


TWNH has been imperative in my craft business journey - doing the make craft your business course was the push that I needed to commit to taking my business that step further.
I have learnt so much and met some amazing women by not only through the course but the markets as well.
It's amazing what I have learnt and now have such a wealth of knowledge that I can run my own successful business on the side!!


What are you plans or dreams for your business ? 

My ultimate dream for JJD would be to have my own interior decorating and homewares shop. If I could play with colour and fabric and make cushions all day I would be one happy girl!!
In the mean time, as long as I can keep making all these wonderful things that make other people smile I will be quite content. 


Thanks for joining us Jacinta.

Made n Thornbury Community Market

2 comments:

  1. Every time I think of Just Jacinta Designs I get a big smile on my face :) You have a real gift for brightness and joy in your work, Jacinta. Thanks for enriching my life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your interest in the Made n Thornbury Market