Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Stallholder Spotlight.....Helen from Miss Ruby May

 Only a few days til our "Spring" market,
this Saturday October 15th, 10am - 2.30pm.
In the last of our October Stallholder spotlight series, we are very pleased to chat with
the very lovely Helen from Miss Ruby May.

Miss Ruby May

Miss Ruby May is a bit of an icon in the local handmade world,
her vintage inspired dolls are very recognisable and one was even given as a gift
to Miranda Kerr and Orlando Bloom's baby boy !


No need to be a Hollywood bub to get your Miss Ruby May doll,
just visit  your local Thornbury Craft Market !


  

1.     What do you create ?
Handmade dolls using floral and vintage inspired fabrics and childrens accessories including cushions, aprons, small denim handbags and bunting.

2.    What is your favourite thing that you sell ?
My favourite item would be my dolls, however choosing my favourite doll is too difficult!
Miss Ruby May

3. How long have you been making/baking/creating ?
I have been sewing and crafting for as long as I can remember.                                    

4.Who inspires you to create ?
I love everything from Cath Kidston, an english designer who has gorgeous fabrics and products. My main inspiration to create my products actually comes from all the beautiful fabrics that I am always on the hunt for.

5.What made you want to sell your goodies at the market?
After making gifts for family and friends for a while, I decided to try the markets to see how my products would go.

Miss Ruby May

6.Coffee or tea?
Neither - I'm a hot chocolate girl!

7.And how many do you need to be market ready ?
 Just the one is enough.

8.What’s the best thing about living in the Thornbury area ?
I have lived in Thornbury for nearly 17 years and I love it. Thornbury has great cafes, fantastic food stores and all within walking distance. It's also close to the city.
 
9.Name three crafty things that you can’t live without :
 I can't live without my fabric of course, my sewing machine and a sharp pair of scissors.

10.One more thing that our lovely market shoppers should know about you....? 
I have to admit I am a hoarder of fabrics and trims, something that my husband and two boys are now used to!


Miss Ruby May

Thanks for joining us today Helen.
You can follow Miss Ruby May on facebook 
and contact her via her website
and of course, her stall at our market this Saturday.


Made n Thornbury Community Market

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in the Made n Thornbury Market