Monday, August 29, 2011

Stall Holder Spotlight - Alison from Miss Haberdash


Miss Haberdash
Can you feel it ?
It's almost Spring.........the sun is staying out longer,
flowers are appearing and here at Made 'n Thornbury......
we are getting ready for our Spring market October 15th.

Here is our next Stall Holder Spotlight......the very lovely Alison from Miss Haberdash.

1.  What do you create ?

I make stationery - notebooks, greeting cards, bookmarks and gift tags with a vintage twist and a sense of humour.

2.      What is your favourite thing that you sell ?

My notebooks, I use kitsch romantic fiction from the 60s and 70s on the covers – the taglines still make me laugh.

3. How long have you been making/baking/creating ?

I can’t remember not creating it’s been a constant,  home, school, art college and work. I’m restless without it, ask my nearest and dearest.

4. Who inspires you to create ?
Not really a who, more a role call of inspiring artists and creative types. On a very short list,  paintings by Patrick Heron, films by Jane Campion, and writing by Alan Bennett.
Definitely not my high school art teacher.
5. What made you want to sell your goodies at the market?
I like the camaraderie of the marketplace, the feedback from happy enthusiastic shoppers and the quiet times with fellow stall holders. It’s fun and a great way to make my hobby pay!!
6. Coffee or tea?
Being a Lancashire lass, English breakfast, of course, with a digestive biscuit.
7. And how many do you need to be market ready ?
More like a stiff gin & tonic at the end.
8. What’s the best thing about living in the Thornbury area ?
Coming from the UK, I like the lemon, olive & fig trees in the front gardens. So exotic.
9. Name three crafty things that you can’t live without :
Double sided tape, my trusty Pfaff and a love/ hate relationship with Officeworks. 
10.  One more thing that our lovely market shoppers should know about you....?



Miss Haberdash   now sells her products at,  Ro& Co- Northcote,  Fowlers Flowers- Clifton Hill and soon TheCrafty Squirrel- Ballarat.


When she's not creating her beautiful stationary
Miss Haberdash keeps us up to date on Melbourne's art and design scene on her  blog
you can also follow  her here.
 And don't forget to visit  Alison at the next Made 'n Thornbury Craft Market
October 15t 10am - 2.30pm.
 Thanks for joining us Miss Haberdash,
I look forward to catching up for that G&T soon.......

Made n Thornbury Community Market

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in the Made n Thornbury Market